Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lighting

Don't you just love a great Craigslist buy!  For weeks I was scouring CL to find a lovely little chandelier for Little Misses room.  I love the shabby chic look for a little girl and wanted the same for Lil.  I came across a really great deal for this chandelier, only $40.  I quickly emailed the seller and they were willing to meet that night.  As usual I get a little apprehensive going to pick up a CL buy without my husband.  After making a quick phone call to the seller I was relieved to hear it was a female, but then on my drive there she called to let me know her husband would be the only one home.  Ugh! I had to have a quick pep talk in the car: 
1.  Seller was in a suburb and not to far from my home. - Check 
2.  My husband knows where I am and has directions; I will call him before and right after.  If I don't call in 10 minutes.... panic .  - Check
3.  I will do a drive by first.  -Check
Ok, so maybe I am a little paranoid, but can you blame me!
Any ways on with the story, the seller's husband was very nice and they had just moved into their house and wanted to make lighting changes of their own!  However, when he loaded it into my car I realized how big this was!!  


Ok, so the description did say 12 lights, however, I was so excited about the deal that I didn't take time to think of how big this was going to be.   Change of plans, this would not fit in Lil's room!  
As pictured above I started prepping for the first coat of spray paint.  I wiped the entire thing down and taped all the parts I did not want painted.  We decided on white since we were going to be putting in our dining room and we had a combination of white board and batten and dark gray walls.  
After several coats of spray paint it was ready to be hung!  Good for us our awesome neighbor is an electrician and was happy to help!  (As much as I want to DIY, I better read up before I dabble in the electricity business!)

Here is a better shot of the dining room.  I am still not loving the window coverings, but I am leaving this up for now until I find something better suited.

Lit up in all her glory!  



Things left to do in the dining room:

1.  New sconces.
2.  Paintings.
3.  Change window coverings.
4.  Decorate and fill the built in buffet.


Hope you like it!

Linking up with Liz Marie Blog :)

Liz Marie Blog

Liv

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Great job on the chandelier and I'm with you on lovin' Craiglist deals, but also letting every family member I have know when and where I'm going when meeting with a seller. When you are done with your dining room, can you come decorate my house?? :0)
    ~Marilyn H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, thank you so much!! I have so much fun doing these projects and feel like they add a little "May" personality to our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely makeover!!! I love the crisp white against the dark wall.. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! I just found your blog and adore it!

      Delete